Title: Spare Parts Interpreter
Department: Spare Parts
Reports to: Parts Manager
Mission Statement: We at Bendigo Truck Centre are dedicated to providing a service that will exceed the expectations and needs of our customers.
Vision Statement: BTC’s vision for 2014 & 2015 is to focus on our staff, including communication, training, and departmental interactions. By improving our workplace we will ensure our ongoing profitability and success at all levels.
Values: As a company, and as individuals, we value:
- Continual Improvement
BTC’s mission vision and values form part of the performance review process as required standards. Employees are expected to work within our values.
To provide professional customer service both to external and internal customers whilst returning a satisfactory return on company investment.
Key Result Areas
- Service Department Support
- Customer Service
- Clean & Efficient Parts & Accessories Environment
Major Duties and Responsibilities
Service Department Support
- Interface with service technicians and ensure their part needs are being met.
- Take service technicians’ orders for parts and fill them as fast as possible.
- Assist service technicians in determining parts & accessories requirements for individual jobs.
- Recommend related parts and accessories, which may be required for a job.
- Supply cost of parts information on repair orders.
- Update inventory control system and parts catalogue.
- Notify service personnel when special parts or back-ordered parts are received.
- Maintain cleanliness of Parts and Accessories Department and keep inventory neatly stacked and orderly.
- Professionally present yourself in the image of the company’s mission and vision statements and values
- Provide prompt, dependable, high quality service to all internal and external customers
- Present an upbeat, friendly and outgoing personality to customers – no matter what the situation.
- Greet customers immediately, in a courteous and friendly manner.
- Develop and share knowledge of all parts and accessories, parts history, and truck service.
- Must possess the ability to work with several customers at one time while maintaining individual customer satisfaction.
- Handle telephone transactions quickly, and courteously.
- Follow through all customer queries in a timely manner
- Point out any sales, specials, new merchandise and offer additional product that may compliment the customer purchase.
- Assist customers with determination of parts and accessories requirements and research merchandise in catalogues.
- Accept cash & credit card payments for purchases and account payments.
- Keep cash register accurate.
- Assist parts manager with attaining sales and profitability targets.
- Handle customer complaints reasonably, showing empathy and a positive attitude, and demonstrate our commitment to “Make Things Right”.
Clean & Efficient Parts & Accessories Environment
- Receive and process parts from distributors, check merchandise received against purchase invoice, and prepare product for showroom floor.
- Process, invoice and dispatch items via freight company, delivery or as required
- Conduct or participate in periodic physical inventory stock takes.
- Ensure merchandise displays are stocked, clean, and appealing to customers.
- Maintain updated customer contact lists.
- Become familiar and efficient with all phases of the computer system required for spare parts management.
No Supervisory Responsibilities
- Treat all employees and customers fairly, courteously, and with dignity.
- Pro-actively participate in a team environment
- Demonstrate superior customer service behavior for all interaction with customers and employees
- Be prompt and available for flexible scheduling.
- Accept direction, follow instructions and work well with other people.
- Ask questions when in doubt
- Maintain professional appearance and attitude
- Wear appropriate company uniform and PPE each and every day
- Attend and complete all training programs as requested by manager
Qualifications & Job Requirements
- Must have ability to get along with a broad customer base.
- Knowledge and experience in the automotive industry.
- Experience with inventory systems.
- Ability to look up parts and quote prices for parts using catalogues for particular vehicles.